Who We Are
I founded Velo Classic Tours with the goal of creating a different style of cycling travel for both the experienced cyclist and discerning traveler. Our primary focus is our commitment to customer service to create a distinctly personal feel to our trips. We continually strive to provide exemplary service to offer first class cycling trips through the authentic cultures of Europe. It’s my belief that you hire the personality of the company when you select a tour operator. This unique personality goes a long way in determining the dynamic of the trip, and provides the potential for a rewarding experience. So when you’re ready for something different, something personal and something unique, give me a call. With us, it's all about the experience.
Peter Easton, Owner
All of our itineraries take you into the heart of European culture and provides an opportunity for a life-changing adventure. On our trips, its all about the experience, and cycling with us means flexibility- we pay attention to your ability and monitor your daily needs so you get the most out of your rides. Our individualized approach offers you the optimal cycling experience on your terms. How do we do that?
- Small groups. We take a maximum of 15 persons, less on some trips.
- Minimum of two ride options daily. We’ll help you choose what suits you.
- Fully-equipped van service. We provide constant support with local fresh foods, drinks, nutritional supplements, clothing, and of course, a free ride.
- Easy directions. Detailed maps and directions in an easily legible format help direct you so you can lead or follow.
- Our personal relationships and extensive network puts you in the care of people we trust- from local guides, to some of the biggest personalities in cycling.
- Professional quality rental bikes. We offer Focus Bicycles for rent on all of our trips, so you can choose to leave the hassle and expense of bike travel behind.
It’s our belief that exploring the essence of European culture makes for a richer and more fulfilling experience. It is as equally important to us to visit a historically significant site as it is to ride a specific race route or climb a famous mountain. We personalize each of our itineraries with cultural highlights, including a wine tasting, or a visit to a remote corner of town to view a special piece of art or an artisan shop. Wherever you choose to travel, you will be immersed in the history and traditional customs of the region that make you feel like a local. The benefits are many, and each day ends with first-class accommodations- ranging from understated sophistication to 5-star luxury-complemented with local cuisine, from family run to Michelin-rated restaurants.
We focus on what we do best- customer service- and utilize our wide range of professional contacts to deliver a world class riding and traveling experience.This service begins the moment you decide to contact us. Send us an email- you get a reply from the owner. Call our office; you will speak with the owner. Arrive at the airport- you’re greeted by the owner. Get on your bike; you’re riding with the owner. We’ve been compared to the boutique custom frame builder whose passion and creativity fuels his work; we’ve been complemented on our logistics and flexibility, our impeccable selection of hotels and restaurants, and our obsession with the details in an effort to exceed your expectations. We have worked through it all, leaving you the traveler with one thing to do- enjoy your vacation.