General Trip Info
Selecting a Trip For YouThe most important aspect to remember when considering the level of difficulty of any of our trips is flexibility- optional start/finish points as well as full van support during the ride, and optional loop rides that enable you to take a day off the bike completely, or with our multiple ride leaders, take in a shorter, less intense day. Our itineraries are designed for the cycling enthusiast. Our rides are not competitive, but we do average 80-100 kilometers (50-60 miles) a day and take in some challenging terrain. Our main fitness requirement is your ability/endurance to ride 4-5 hours/day for multiple days in succession. Each trip incorporates a recovery day, or off the bike race viewing days, that allow you time to regenerate in order to enjoy the duration of the trip.
For our daily itinerary, a typical day sees the group start together from our hotel at 9:00 am. We have one or two leaders on the road depending on group size, and one providing van support, which is complete with bike carriers, luggage, bottled water, energy food and lunch specialties. Simple and accurate cue sheets are provided so those wishing to ride on their own can navigate the route. We have GSM phone connection between leaders that ensures constant contact. We limit the size of our group to 15 cyclists, so the atmosphere is personal and friendly, and you get the attention your vacation deserves.
- Airport transportation to and from hotel in Arrival/Departure city (arrival and departure days only)
- Accommodations in refined and sophisticated settings including castles, abbeys and chateaux
- Detailed pre-departure package
- Fully supported rides with SAG vehicle and Thule racks
- Buffet breakfasts
- Picnic lunches on support days
- Cyclosportif registration (when applicable)
- Bottled water and energy food products from Clif Bar and First Endurance
- 5 dinners, including both gourmet and traditional/authentic cuisine, complemented with select wines and beverages
- Michelin road map laminated route cards
- Vélo Classic Tours socks and T-shirt
(Please note airfare is not included)